Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 29 - Time to reflect

This is a great chance for us to reflect on our 30 day challenge. Let's first recall the overall purpose of these past 30 days; 1. to challenge your regular habits; 2. open your eyes to small ways you can make a difference each day; and, 3. to have a little fun. So did we achieve these goals?

Throughout this challenge I have asked you to do everything from meeting someone new to donating your old clothing. I have asked you to reflect on your purpose in life, and to appreciate the beauty of nature and music. You have been challenged to carry out a random act of kindness and to try a 5-minute meditation. You were asked to go beyond the usual 'good' answer when greeted and to try a day without eating meat. I hope through these challenges you have changed your regular habits and you have stepped outside of your comfort zone. 

By drawing your attention to your water consumption and challenging you to Reduce, Reuse and Recycle, I have hopefully opened your eyes to the small ways in which you can make a difference each day. Choosing fair trade over regular products and giving up an unhealthy habit have also contributed to this goal. 

Through re-connecting with an old friend and creating something I hope you were able to have a little fun. The sole purpose of day 6, Back to the good old days, was to rekindle your childhood spirit and have fun with that. 

Everything I have challenged you to do has had a purpose and a reason. I hope dearly that you have found the relevance and meaning behind these challenges and that I have accomplished my goal. We are but one day away from saying we have accomplished the 30 day challenge; congratulations and making it this far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment